Wednesday, October 12, 2022 / by Stephanie LeFew
Pasco County School News, October
You have the power to enrich a child’s life –in as little as an hour.
Join us on Wednesday, November 16, 2022
The Duke Energy Great American Teach-In is part of Pasco County Schools’ annual American Education Week celebration. Sponsored by our company since 1994, it’s a special opportunity for you to visit the public school of your choice and share what you know with a new generation.
This year’s event is scheduled for Wednesday, Nov. 16, 2022. Opportunities are available from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. You may choose to stay for an hour or for the whole day! The amount of time you volunteer is determined strictly by what your schedule permits and what the teacher wants to accomplish. Check with your school to find out the date it is holding its Teach-In.
Whatever the length of your visit, you can make a difference. Thousands of previous Teach-In participants have discovered the experience is truly rewarding.
Sign Up Today!
To register for the 2022 Duke Energy Great American Teach-In, please contact your local school by Nov. 1, 2022. Please plan to join us. The kids will love you for it!
- Plan for 20-35 students per classroom.
- Consider wearing attire appropriate to the occupation, hobby or topic you plan to discuss.
- Keep the students’ average attention span in mind: 10-15 minutes for elementary grades and 20-30 minutes for secondary grades.
- When you arrive at the school, please check in at the office to pick up your nametag. Someone will greet you and accompany or direct you to your classroom. (Please note: A government-issued identification will be required at check-in.)
- If you plan to bring printed or audiovisual materials, please check with the teacher or school Teach-In coordinator in advance.
- Do not ask students for any personal information, including their phone number, email or home address.